March 27th, 2019
Iron Helm is Coming!
Many have been asking about the release date for Iron Helm. My plan is to be ready to launch Iron Helm in May. I just ordered a hard copy to inspect and make any final adjustments.
For those of you just joining us I will be doing a Crowd Sale for the release. A crowd sale is sort of like a Kickstarter, except that in place of stretch goals, the price of the game actually drops with every 10 backers. Why try to force more frivolous content into an already complete experience? I think most would rather just save some money instead.
Another awesome part of the crowd sale format is that the host, the Game Crafter, is also the manufacturer and the fulfillment center. This equates to you getting your copy in about 45-60 days instead of 9-12 months!
So what will be in the crowd sale?
– The Core Game. This will include everything you need to play Iron Helm including a great deck-style box, 108 cards, divider cards to organize your cards, a bunch of wooden tokens to track stats, and an instruction booklet. MSRP will be $34.99, but a successful crowd sale should see that number drop to about $26-27.
– The Adventure Packs. The first 2 adventure packs will also be part of the CS. They will MSRP at just $5.99 each, but should drop to under $5 each during the sale. The plan is to release one to two adventure packs every quarter moving forward to support this product and to add a bunch of content.
– The Gaming Mat. Lastly, I will be designing a glorious neoprene mat for Iron Helm. The mat for Desolate sold extremely well and I think it will be a great addition for Iron Helm as well. This time around the mat will be much much bigger, coming in at 24×14″! It will likely have an MSRP of $19.99, but should see a big reduction during the CS to around $15.
I hope you are all as excited as I am. I plan on making a few videos in the coming weeks once I have the hard copy in hand. Likely a tutorial and walk-through video and an unboxing video. I cannot wait to share more with all of you!
January 15th, 2019
The Desolate Insurgence Crowd Sale is LIVE!
For 1 week only you can get Desolate Insurgence, the base game of Desolate, the Dark Matters Boosters, and the neoprene gaming mat for the lowest prices EVER!
This is a one time deal. After a week the prices return to normal. The time is now to get your copy of the critically acclaimed space horror game!
Please share. Thanks!
December 10th, 2018
Desolate Insurgence Crowd Sale Launching in January!
MARK YOUR CALENDARS!
The Crowd Sale for Desolate Insurgence will be launching at the Game Crafter on January 15th!
What is a Crowd Sale?
A Crowd Sale is a fantastic crowd-funding platform in the likes of Kickstarter or others, but with a few differences that make it stand out in my eyes.
1) It is hosted solely by the Game Crafter. This means they host the campaign and then manufacture the orders and ship them directly to you! This keeps costs down and gets games into customer’s hands quickly! I am talking like a couple of months quickly or sooner!
2) There are no stretch goals. There is something better! Often times publishers add a bunch of needless stuff to games with stretch goals just to generate backers. Crowd Sales instead simply lowers the pledge level costs as we gain more backers! Out the gate the game will be discounted a couple of bucks, but as we gain backers, the price will drop… and keep dropping until we reach the reasonable goal of 100 backers, at which point we hit the maximum discount (30% off)!
Your order/pledge is not fulfilled until the end of the Crowd Sale. At this point you pay the final steeply discounted price! Everyone saves the same amount!
Personally as a gamer I would rather watch the cost of the game go down instead of a publisher adding extra bits to a game that should be there from the get go. Desolate is complete. There is no need to add more content. The new sturdier box is great and all print items use 305 gsm black core stock with UV coating.
Crowd Sales just make sense. They allow me to simply sell you a complete game, while allowing us all to watch the price drop! It is a win/win concept!
So be prepared to back at launch on January 15th. In addition to Desolate Insurgence, the Crowd Sale will also include the core game and the gaming mat. Those will also be discounted and they will also drop in price during the campaign. You may also add the Dark Matters Boosters as well, but they will be at there already low set pricing.
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask below.